Home Contents Insurance

What is Home Contents Insurance?

If something happens to destroy or damage your possessions, it can cost a lot of money to replace. Home contents insurance will cover your possessions against fire, theft and other risks, such as accidental damage.

Why do I need it?

Home Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen and so home contents insurance can help provide peace of mind.

If you are a tenant who rents from us, your tenancy agreement may not include insurance for your personal belongings.  To help you decide whether home contents insurance is right for you, West Lancashire Borough Council have teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks and Ageas Insurance Limited who provide specialist Tenants Contents Insurance policies.

The pay as you go home contents insurance scheme can offer you insurance for the contents of your home including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments.

How do I get further information?


Thistle Tenant Risks is a trading style of Thistle Insurance Services Limited. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 310419.. Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office: Rossington’s Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services Ltd is part of the PIB Group.